The highly anticipated Yucatán Xmatkuil Fair 2023 opened its doors on November 10th and will go all the way to December 3rd in Mérida, Yucatán.
This state fair is super popular and all of Yucatan goes to check out the artistic and cultural shows, rides, animals, food, information booths, concerts, theater shows and more! It is a 100% family-friendly atmosphere and this year, there will be 400 “pink” parking spaces exclusively for women who are alone and/or accompanied by their underage children.
At the fair there are over 3,000 events, 1,400 exhibitors,
🎫 Tickets: Entry ticket: $31.00 Parking ticket: $40.00
🗓️ Fair Schedule: Opening: 8:00 a.m. Closing: 2:00 a.m. (All fair entrances will be closed at this time)
Transport: Va y Ven busses are heading to the fair too, so check here for more information
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE PAVILION OF THE CITY OF MERIDA
The Mérida City Council Pavilion will host the participation of various municipal departments, including the Municipal Police, Sustainable Development Unit, Economic Development and Tourism, Municipal Public Services, and Social Development.
Some of what you will find in the City of Merida Pavilion:
The essence of Yucatecan culture will be reflected through the participation of 12 artisans with various specialties such as honey, textiles, macramé, jewelry, piñatas, crop tops, mesh bags, amigurumi, and ornamental plants. This diverse craftsmanship creates a vibrant mosaic representing the cultural richness of the region.
Centenario: Felines of the Yucatán Peninsula:
The zoo will feature a booth dedicated to the “Felines of the Yucatán Peninsula.” With detailed information on species such as the jaguar, puma, ocelot, tigrillo, and jaguarundi, visitors can learn about the importance of conserving these species. Fun activities for children, educational videos, and authentic feline sounds will provide an immersive experience.
Animaya: Wildlife Conservation Center
Under the slogan “Let’s Learn at Tizimín’s Little House,” the stand aims to increase environmental awareness and public knowledge about local issues. Through activities such as understanding mangroves, reflecting on deforestation, and participating in the green exchange, visitors will engage in interactive and enjoyable learning.
Environmental Awareness Activities:
From bird flight demonstrations to making animal footprints, including a competition on ecological footprints, the Animaya Wildlife Conservation Center offers a wide variety of activities for all ages. The green exchange, where participants receive a seedling in exchange for their own plantings, stands out as a particularly educational initiative.
This year, the Yucatán Xmatkuil Fair 2023 will not only be a celebration of Yucatecan culture but also an educational platform and awareness about the importance of environmental conservation. Don’t miss the opportunity to immerse yourself in this unique experience that combines fun, culture, and environmental responsibility!
Opening Hours and Participation:
Monday to Friday, from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM, and on Saturdays, Sundays, and Monday, November 20th (holiday), from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
SOME MORE OF THE FAIR’S HIGHLIGHTS:
Artists at the Yucatán Xmatkuil Fair 2023:
- Monday, November 13: Cholito’s show at 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 15: Octavio Ayil and Candita’s show at 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 16: Cuxum and Chayak at 6:00 p.m. The musical group “Lluvia con sol” will perform at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 17: Lalo Salazar, “el Box,” will perform at 7:00 p.m. “Tropidemis” will start the dance at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 18: K-Buena Dance from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 19: Bodybuilding Cup at 12:00 noon. At 6:00 p.m., the Candela radio station festival.
Free Events at the Xmatkuil Fair 2023:
- Monday, November 20: “El xec de reyes del Carnaval,” directed by Cuxum, at 7:00 p.m. The musical group “K-Fé” will perform at 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 21: The show featuring Vanessa Huppenkothen, Fernando Palomo, and Roberta Rodríguez at 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 22: Once again, Cuxum and Chayak will perform at 7:00 p.m. The musical group “Xanadú” will be on stage from 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 23: The Grand Vaquería of the Yucatán Xmatkuil Fair 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 24: Dzereco and Nohoch return at 5:00 p.m. “Anahísa y los rebeldes” will be on stage at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 25: Taco de Ojo performs again at 7:00 p.m. “Los originales Pika Pika” will liven up the dance at 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 26: Festival of the 92.9 station from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Shows at the Xmatkuil Fair 2023:
- Monday, November 27: “El xec de reyes del Carnaval,” directed by Cuxum, at 7:00 p.m. The band “Censurado” will perform at 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 28: Huayito and Pitaya Show will perform at 7:00 p.m. The musical group “Gamaliel” will take the stage at 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 29: “Las perdidas,” with Wendy Guevara, Paola Suárez, and Kimberly Irene “la más preciosa,” will be on stage at 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 30: Cuxum and Chayak will perform at 6:00 p.m. The musical group “La élite” will arrive at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 1: Pinole’s show will be at 7:00 p.m. “Batachá” will provide the music at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 2: Dzereco and Nohoch return on this day at 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 3: Dance from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.