The 16th edition of Merida’s most anticipated cultural night is almost here! Friday, November 24 starting at 7pm Merida will come alive in an evening that highlights the vitality of art in Mérida. More than six continuous hours of culture and art await on November 24th, featuring activities across all artistic disciplines, including music, visual arts, theater, dance, children’s activities, cinema, regional comedy, fashion, creative bazaars, guided tours, videomapping, and gastronomy. This November, organizers are including 330 free activities and over 900 local and international artists will participate from Colombia, Cuba, and Spain.
What are some of our recommended highlights?
- This year introduces a drone show visible along the newly inaugurated Gastronomic Corridor on 47th Street.
- The Magical Neighborhoods “Barrios Magicos” of La Ermita and San Sebastián are participating for the first time so head down that way too!
- La Fura dels Bauls from Catalonia, a giant doll lit up with spectacular light wandering along Paseo de Montejo at 8pm to the beat of the batucada from the Centro Cultural del Sur.
- Musical performances by Isis Flores and her rock and fusion group from Cuba at Parque Santa Ana 8pm
- Frente Cumbiero from Colombia 11pm Parque Santa Ana
- Son Rompe Pera, the only Mexican band of its kind in the international cumbia, marimba, and punk scene 12:30am (midnight) Parque Santa Ana
- SoHo Galleries celebrates 15 years as a gallery and cultural center in Merida! Calle 60 x 39 y 41
Fashion enthusiasts can explore collections for Fall-Winter 2023 and Spring-Summer 2024 presented by Canaive, and for children, there’s “100 Years of Disney” with the Mérida Chamber Orchestra, City Choir, and the Children’s and Youth Orchestra of the Municipality of Mérida.
Gastronomic events featuring CANIRAC-affiliated restaurants and diverse offerings from Cafés and Bars with Art, Authentic Kitchens, Food Trucks, Meals without Borders, and Colectivo Amix will be available. Also if you want to eat out at your favorite restaurant, we recommend making reservations now!
There will be more than 80 visual arts exhibitions, and more than 100 venues, including parks, museums, alternative forums, theaters, galleries, and restaurants. Noche Blanca is an amazing show of the rich culture the city has to offer.
Simultaneously, various events like Biciruta Nocturna, video mappings, workshops, conferences, fashion shows, folk ballets, creative and literary bazaars, the Itinerant Book Fair, virtual tours, and a magnificent drone show over the new Gastronomic Corridor on 47th Street will take place.
Noche Blanca is an opportunity to celebrate and showcase the talent and creativity of artists in visual and plastic arts, dance, music, cinema, theater, and local businesses.
For more information on the city and its attractions, a good resource to check out is https://visitmerida.mx/inicio. As noted above you can download their app “Visit Mérida mx” for Android and iPhone, available at:
Also keep updated on the latest and follow us at: